Modified VIX Fix
“VIX Fix – a powerful indicator capable of detecting price depression for any asset“
VIX (Volatility Index) – a ticker symbol implied volatility of S&P 500 calculated Chicago Board Options Exchange. VIX is a popular measure of market risk, as well as one of the best ways to measure the existing price depressions. Unfortunately, it exists only for S&P 500 …
The indicator VIX Fix Larri Vilyamsom was published in 2007. It synthesizes the volatility index VIX for any asset (not only the S&P). VIX Fix reflects the interest of investors in the future of the movement, where high indicators associated with price depressions. The influence of investor sentiment is amplified in the price troughs, so VIX and VIX Fix is best suited to determine only depressions. Here, we present a modified VIX Fix, which includes the modification of the standard deviation and the Stochastic, Williams proposed in article 2007, releasing the depression and help you accurately find the entries in the transaction.
We’ve added alerts and email alert, are sent in determining the price depression period “Normal” VIX Fix (i.e., turquoise color histogram bars) and at the intersection of the signal line stochastic user upper and lower thresholds “Stochastic” VIX Fix (see screenshots). Information about the e-mail recipients and SMTP must be indicated in the MT4 settings before using e-mail alerts.
- VIX Type (Regular or Stochastic): Selecting one of the display types, normal VIX Fix (wherein the hollows are allocated using BB) or stochastic VIX Fix
- Color Scheme (Default or User Define): Selecting a color scheme: Default – the default, “User Define” – manual adjustment of the indicator color
- Invert values (may help visualization): Reverse values. In normal mode, higher values indicate pricing VIX Fix cavity. When inversion low values of VIX Fix mean price depression, some people prefer this type of visualization. This inverts both regular and stochastic VIX.
- Calculation period for standard deviation (Default = 22): the number of bars used for calculating the standard deviation, which is used in the calculation
- Bollinger band length (Default = 20): for calculating the number of bars BB (VIX is applied to the conventional type, selection bars turquoise color)
- Bollinger band standard deviations (Default = 2.0): number of standard deviations for calculation BB (VIX is applied to the conventional type, selection bars turquoise color)
- Calculation period for percentile (Default = 50): the number of bars to calculate the percentage change (VIX is applied to the conventional type, selection bars turquoise color)
- High percentile threshold (0.85 = 05%): custom threshold for a high percentage range (VIX is applied to the conventional type, selection bars turquoise color)
- Stochastic K period (if VixStochastic Type): the number of bars for the calculation of the line K stochastic VIX
- Stochastic D period (if VixStochastic Type): the number of bars for the averaging calculation line D from the line K stochastic VIX
- Turns on / off all alerts: Include (if true) or off (if false) all notifications. When choosing VIX conventional type, that is all that is required, it will include a warning on price depressions (turquoise histogram bars). When choosing the type VixStochastic, also need to select the type of alert (See options “For VixStochastic: …” below)
- For VixStochastic: Alert when above upper threshold: When true alerts are delivered when the value of the stochastic VIX Fix will be above a certain upper threshold user
- For VixStochastic: Upper alert threshold (Default = 80.0): A user-defined upper threshold for alert. This is an absolute value that automatically adapts to a negative value if Invert Values = true.
- For VixStochastic: Alert when below lower threshold: When true alerts are delivered when the value of the stochastic VIX Fix will be below a certain lower threshold, the user
- For VixStochastic: Lower alert threshold (Default = 20.0): A user-defined lower threshold for alert. This is an absolute value that automatically adapts to a negative value if Invert Values = true.
- Turn on alerts message: If true, the update will appear in a popup window
- Turn on alerts sound: When true beeping
- Turn on alerts email: If true, the notification will be sent by email
Determination of the entry and exit points
Modified VIX Fix It defines the periods of market downturn, and stochastic modification VIX helps to detect an entry point (call). However, the VIX does not determine the exit point, as the indicator is best suited to determine the price troughs, not tops.
Modified VIX Fix well with fading trend indicators, such as the Fano Factor, for detecting the exit points and / or Relative Momentum Index to determine / confirm the inputs and outputs.
MultiOsc Trend Flat Detector The indicator analyzes the effect of price movements over a given period by means of a built-in oscillator with the…
OneTM 5BuySellAlerts Advanced Recognition trend indicator for MetaTrader 4 which has five (5) complex strategies. It uses the relationship between levels…
WaveTrend Momentum Oscillator WaveTrend Momentum Oscillator – a modification of the popular and convenient WaveTrend oscillator. WaveTrend Momentum…
- Matrix Indicator
- Returns MT4
- Bressert Hal Slow